The Law Offices of Hutchinson & Huffman are among of the most highly respected attorneys in the country, and they are firm believers in working hard to achieve your goals. They understand the determination and dedication that goes into the American dream, including the pursuit of education. Unfortunately, it is hard to pay for advanced education, and sometimes, financial aid isn’t enough. Most students have no choice but to rely on student loans that must be paid back. Student loan payments are difficult when a person is just beginning their career. If not for a helping hand, the dream of an education becomes elusive and fleeting.
The Law Offices of Hutchinson & Huffman believes it is a privilege to help the future generations of our nation and want to help lighten the load by offering this free scholarship. There is no fee to apply, and the money is yours to keep with no repayment. Seeking a college education can be overwhelming. This financial gift will help a student concentrate more on their education and less on paying for it.
Regardless of your career choice, we want to support you. If you meet the simple requirements of this scholarship, you can apply. Every student deserves higher education, and money should not be the deciding factor in achieving their goal. This scholarship is our small way of investing in your future. When the youth of America succeeds, we all succeed.
In that spirit, the Law Offices of Hutchinson & Huffman are proud to offer the 2016 Hutchinson & Huffman scholarship. We want to encourage our future leaders by helping them overcome obstacles that prevent them from achieving their goals.
Any and all applicants that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply for the 2016 scholarship offer:
- Applicants must be United States citizens or maintain a permanent and legal residency in the United States
- Applicants cannot have earned more than $35,000 in the year 2015
- Applicants must have an active email address
- Applicants must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student (part-time or full-time)
Essay Topics & Submission Types
All applicants must complete an original, high-quality essay about one of the following topics:
- What was the hardest education based decision you’ve had to make and why was it so difficult?
- What type of activity makes you feel most like yourself and why do you enjoy it?
- What was the hardest decision you made in the last year and why?
- If you could have the answer to one question, what would it be and why?
- What famous person inspires you and why?
- What is the best advice you have ever received and why?
Essays must be 100% authentic and your own words. It should be submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format (.PDF, .DOC, .DOCX) and typewritten.
Essays are to be typed, single spaced using a 12-point font.
In the place of a written essay, you can submit a video supporting your request for the scholarship. The video should be 3-10 minutes long. You may submit the video entirely or include the link to the video host site with your essay. This is optional and not a requirement to be considered.
Video format: (.MP4 OR .FLX OR .AVI OR .WMV OR .MOV)
Winner Selection & Recognition
The winner of the $500 scholarship will be chosen one week after the deadline date. The winner will be notified via email and will receive a check via United States Postal service.
Deadline for submission: December 10, 2016
- Complete your essay or video if you are using that option.
- Submit your essay or video via email to: email@example.com, along with your high school or college GPA.
- Type “Scholarship submission” as your subject line.
- We want to let the world know that you are striving for a better future.
- Your submission must include your essay or video (can provide us with the URL to where the video is housed) name, age, and mailing address.
- Watch your email as that is how the winner will be notified. You will be given specific instructions on how to claim your scholarship award. (Identification will be required).
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I apply more than once?
No. Each applicant can only apply once.
Do I have to have a high GPA?
While there are no minimum GPA requirements, a GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly recommended.
How can I check on my application?
Please use email to inquire on the receipt of your application. Once it is received, you simply wait until the winner is announced.
Can I apply even if I do not have a strong financial need?
While we encourage every student to take advantage of programs to assist them in their education, this scholarship is designed to help students that need financial help.
Can I re-submit my essay?
If you have revised or corrected your essay and would like to resubmit before the deadline, you may do so. Use the same submission instructions listed above, adding the word “edited” to the subject line.