The attorneys of Hutchinson & Huffman, P.A. are among the most highly respected attorneys in the nation and firm believers in working hard to achieve your goals. Most college students need financial assistance to help pay for their degrees. However, many students are not eligible for federal student aid and must apply for private student loans. These student loans are costly to pay back and often leave recent graduates in overwhelming debt while they are looking for a job. Our law firm is proud to support college students by offering them a scholarship to help pay for their education.
The lawyers of Hutchinson & Huffman, P.A. established the 2017 Hutchinson & Huffman Scholarship to reduce the financial burden students experience while pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degrees. Our law firm feels privileged to provide a $500 scholarship to any student who cannot afford the price of a college education. There is no fee to apply, and if you are selected, you have no obligation to pay the scholarship award back. This scholarship is our gift to students who are seeking college degrees and need help with the high cost of an education.
Every student deserves the opportunity to focus on their studies, rather than stress about ways to pay for their tuition or living expenses. These young professionals will one day lead our country. Hutchinson & Huffman, P.A. presents this scholarship as an investment in their education and future career. To apply for the 2017 Hutchinson & Huffman Scholarship, you must meet all of the submission requirements. Students from any bachelor’s or master’s program are eligible to apply.
Every applicant must follow the criteria below to be considered for the scholarship:
- Applicants must either be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must have earned an annual income of less than $35,000 in 2016.
- Applicants must provide an email address and Facebook account.
- Applicants must be enrolled part-time or full-time in either an undergraduate or graduate program.
Essay Topics & Submission Types
Every applicant is required to submit an essay about one of the topics listed below. This college-level essay must be written in your own words and should be free of any typos and grammatical errors.
- What are you studying and where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Who has been integral in your educational career and how have they inspired you?
- Why is a college degree important to you and your community?
- Describe your college experience? How has your life changed since starting your postsecondary education?
- What is the most challenging obstacle you have overcome in your life?
Essays will only be reviewed if they are typed using single-spacing with a 12-point font. All essays must be original and submitted via email as a PDF or Microsoft Word Document (.PDF, .DOC, .DOCX).
Instead of an essay, applicants have the option to submit a video with their application. The video submission should last approximately 3-10 minutes and must be uploaded or linked to the host website. This video is optional, but if the applicant submits one they must include a link or URL to the original video.
Video format: (.MP4 OR .FLX OR .AVI OR .WMV OR .MOV)
Winner Selection & Recognition
The winner of the 2017 Hutchinson & Huffman Scholarship will be selected one week after the application deadline. The $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student in the form of a check sent by the United States Postal Service.
Deadline for submission: June 1, 2017.
How To Apply
- Applicants can choose to write an essay or film a video.
- Email your completed application to the following email address: [email protected]
- Include your name, age, contact information, high school or college GPA, and the URL for your Facebook account using the subject line “Scholarship Submission.”
- If you submit a video, please provide us with the link or URL to the video hosting site.
- The winner will be announced via email and sent instructions on how they can claim their $500 scholarship. The winner must provide a primary form of identification (driver’s license, ID, or passport) before receiving the award.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I submit my application?
We can only receive an applicant’s essay or video by email. Please send all submissions to [email protected].
How many times can I apply?
An applicant can only apply once. If you have a revised copy of your essay or video, it will be accepted if corrections are sent before the deadline. Applicants must follow the same submission guidelines and use the subject line “Scholarship Submission Edited.”
Does your scholarship have any GPA requirements?
Although there are no specific GPA requirements to apply, students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher are typically preferred.
How will I know if I won?
The scholarship winner will be notified by email one week after the deadline. All application inquiries should be sent via email. No calls or letters will receive an update.
Can I still apply even if I don’t have an email or Facebook account?
Every applicant must provide an email address and the URL to their Facebook profile. These are two requirements for the scholarship, and the applicant is encouraged to create an email and Facebook account before submitting their application.
If I receive federal student loans, am I still eligible to apply?
Any student that meets the eligibility requirements can apply. However, this scholarship is intended to help students who do not have the financial means to pay for college.
Can I still apply after the deadline?
Unfortunately, no late submissions will be accepted. All applications must be received before the deadline.